Web Development Miami Beach: HTML5 Video | HTML5 Audio | Transcoding

Kudos «» Blog «» Share «» Site Map
 

TOGGLE HEADER ↑ ↓

 

Web Development Miami Beach:
HTML5 Video | HTML5 Audio | Transcoding

Contact WebFL.US for Mobile-Friendly Responsive Web Design Miami FL

Miami Beach web development firm WebFL.US transcoding converts almost any format into W3C valid HTML5 video or audio presentation with Flash fallback.

According to this April 2013 report roughly 83% of the combined desktop and mobile web browser user base is now capable of playing video or audio media embedded in web pages via HTML5 <video> or <audio> tags. Virtually all of remaining 17% can view or listen to Flash fallback alternatives if properly coded in the HTML5 source or presented via browser plugin media players.

That is not to say, however, that all of the different browsers that support HTML5 video or audio are capable of playing the same media formats. There the percentage split is roughly 50/50 between browsers that support WEBM video and Vorbis audio versus those that support MP4 video and AAC/MP3 audio. Support for other media formats like OGG and WMV is also available but varies by user agent or browser.

A key objective of any web media presentation is accessibility by the broadest possible audience, and for HTML5 video and audio that means transcoding the media into multiple formats - which we can do - for inclusion not only in <source> elements but also in Flash fallback players and raw media download links as we have done in this W3C standards compliant HTML5 video example:

HTML5 Video: Seven Advantages of #RWD/#ReSS by WebFL.US

For a sample of HTML5 audio listen to "Antoine de Saint Exupery":

 

Questions? Call us anytime at 786-290-3887 :-)

 
 

Speedy Secure Responsive Web Design Miami | #hsts #ssRwd

 
 

WebRTC WSQD Certificate of WebFL.US Miami Web Developer Bruce Arnold